Consumers today are savvy, fickle, and demanding. How do consumer products companies grow profitably in these challenging times? By aligning every aspect of their operations to the end customer.
The FMCG industry is rapidly changing and faces the following challenges:
- Reaching and engaging always-on, better informed and more demanding consumers
- Delivering a compelling and consistent omni-channel brand experience
- Presenting timely, tailored products and consumer offers across devices and shopping formats
- Optimizing increasingly complex supply networks while satisfying customer and consumer demand
- Growing margins despite variable commodity availability and price volatility
- Inadequate innovation pipeline and long product development lead times
- Poor supplier collaboration and limited visibility to commodity and input pricing variability
- Insufficient availability of finished goods produced in time to meet demand
- Limited demand visibility and sub-par forecasting slows supply response
- Ineffective spend due to promotions not aligned with compelling consumer offers
- Poor operational insight due to lack of transparency, typically multiple data silos exist and lack of depth and accuracy into each aspect of the supply chain with disparate data sources
- Increasing regulations in Finance area (SOX) and Quality & Safety area
- Increasing need for collaboration and real-time insight
IncQ Consulting with its experienced consultants can help you turn these challenges into opportunities with the help of SAP Software (IS-FMCG).
Business Transformation through Technology
Revenue growth and profit are no longer sufficient benchmarks for success. In today’s economy, companies need to stand out in crowded and highly competitive markets. The pace of business is relentless, where today’s innovation becomes tomorrow’s status quo. Organizations that embrace technology can transform to gain a significant advantage rapidly over the competition.
The ability to understand consumer needs and respond with the right products at the right price precisely at the point of demand – wherever and whenever that might be – drives consumer loyalty and customer commitment
Shorten time to market and increase product success rates.
Increase transparency over innovation processes and operations while encouraging continuous innovation. Improve collaboration between R & D and manufacturing with visual rendering and document management while enforcing compliance and quality.
- Synchronize strategy with innovation and execution for competitive differentiation and growth
- Shorten time to profit via efficient, integrated product development that aligns execution across stakeholders from idea to launch
- Mitigate risks and handle compliance via built-in compliance efforts throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Accelerated time to profit for new product introductions
- Improved new product success rates
Collaborative Procurement and Supplier Management
Satisfying dynamic consumer demand requires managing fluctuating costs, variable availability, and a global network of raw materials suppliers. Best-run companies align to mitigate supply risk by ensuring sustainable supply to meet forecast demand. Streamline development, simplify collaboration and manage compliance.
Procure long-term cost savings.
Drive cost savings, procurement compliance, and process efficiency by integrating sourcing and procurement to maximize cost savings across all areas of spend
- Find new suppliers through the Ariba Network, and manage these relationships through supplier management solutions.
- Identify and act on sourcing opportunities, and create favorable, low-risk supply contracts.
- Realize savings with compliant, user-friendly self-service procurement. Collaborating on the Ariba Network makes transactions more efficient.
- Drive invoice automation and exception management with available dynamic discounting on the Ariba Network
- Optimize procurement, sales, and risk management for a consolidated, real-time view of commodity risk to react quickly to market changes
- Accelerated negotiations processes
- Reduced purchasing risk
Perfect Plant Manufacturing
The role of manufacturing has changed from a capacity question to a competitive differentiator. Global manufacturing is aligned to accelerate innovation delivery and provide efficient, sustainable, and cost-effective production
Increase agility and reduce cost.
Highly efficient manufacturing requires global orchestration of sustainable manufacturing operations, product innovation, and supply network processes
- Robust planning and scheduling capabilities can rapidly align global manufacturing operations to changing conditions
- Efficient, sustainable, high-quality, and compliant production can be executed with
- effective utilization of material, energy, and human resources
- Operational equipment effectiveness (OEE) is maximized through maintenance planning and process visualization
- Co-packing operations can be integrated, bringing visibility to order demand and quality
- Increased manufacturing profitability
- Efficient resource utilization
- Improved production and yield performance
- Increased production responsiveness
- Reliable equipment performance and utilization
- Quality and compliant production
Responsive Supply Networks
Consumers today can buy from almost anyone, anytime, anywhere. They’re mobile, connected, informed, and opinionated. Best-run companies anticipate consumer demand and are ready to fulfill – wherever that demand might be
Create transparent and highly responsive supply networks.
Optimize customer service and profitability by balancing supply to meet dynamic demand at optimum cost.
- Gain visibility into large volumes of retailer and consumer demand, with real-time response tightly integrated to supply processes
- Integrate and automate logistics operations across warehousing, transport, and fulfillment
- Align cross-functional demand and supply plans with financial goals in real time to reduce inventory, improve capacity, and increase profitability
- Ensure quality and safety and enable traceability via process integration throughout the supply network
- Accelerate inventory turns and maximize on-time, in-full deliveries
- Optimize channel inventory and reduce transport and distribution costs
- Improve customer satisfaction
Reaching consumers with relevant products and compelling promotions has never been more challenging. Best-run companies are innovating by engaging consumers with valuable information and offers along the entire path to purchase.
Maximize brand value and promotion return by delivering the right offers to the right people.
Provide personalized consumer experiences and improve processes – with marketing software for companies of any size.
- Manage seamless consumer interactions to establish direct relationships, enable direct-to-consumer marketing, and grow brand loyalty
- Streamline campaign planning, program development, and execution across all consumer interaction channels
- Orchestrate value delivery to customers in real time, increasing promotion spend efficiency and reducing outstanding customer claims
- Process replenishment orders for compelling shopping experiences.
- Manage in-store merchandising and promotion compliance, check inventory
- Increased brand value
- Revenue and market share growth
- Maximized return on promotion spend
- Unified shopping and brand experience