Value Lifecycle Management is a set of coordinated services aimed to:
- Evaluate the initiatives that return the best value within context of the business strategy
- Realise the value through the implementation of the initiative whilst maintaining the value goal
- Measure the value post-implementation within context of business strategy
- Optimise and continually improve and maximise future value.
- Determine the best initiative and maximise the business benefit with Value Lifecycle Management.
What are the business imperatives?
How can you best meet the business imperatives?
What is the expected impact of addressing these imperatives (business case)?
What are the right initiatives to address value-creation opportunities?
What is required to address these initiatives?
The Value Discovery phase of the Value Engineering Lifecycle consists of four sub-phases:
- Executive alignment
- Discovery workshops/interviews
- Business case analysis and validation
- Report generation and presentation
1. Executive alignment
The executive alignment is a short, but critical phase required to gain understanding of the following important areas:
- The organisation mission statement and the business objectives
- The business initiatives planned and executed in order to achieve the business objectives
- The organisation governance: specifically accountability for strategy, operations, risk management and compliance
- The organisation risk appetite, including flow-down effect on the risk appetite and aggregation of risk
2. Discovery workshop/interviews
In order to identify Key Value Drivers and establish a current operating baseline, a discovery workshop phase will be facilitated by an experienced consultant and may include the following key persons from your organisation:
- C-level representation (typically CFO and/or CIO)
- Internal Audit
- Programme Management
- Business Process Owners
- Risk Coordinator
- Compliance Officer
3. Business case analysis and validation
Key Value Drivers will be analysed and configured for projected benefits. A collaborative approach is crucial to ensure the following:
- The Business Case is realistic and feasible
- The Business Case components and key performance indicators have business ‘buy-in’ prior to the report generation and presentation
- Initiatives arising from the Business Case can be prioritised for quick-wins and most contribution to the Executive Alignment outcomes
4. Report generation and presentation
A report will be provided in document and presentation form. The report is specific to your industry and provides comprehensive detail on the following:
- A roadmap of initiatives to achieve your business outcomes
- Immediate and ongoing projected financial benefits
- Benefits within context of the executive alignment outcomes
- Reconciliation and response to your communicated pain-points
The presentation will be tailored to participants of the Value Discovery phase, programme management, and to the Executives contributing to the Executive Alignment sub-phase.